In the 2015—16 Federal Budget the Australian Government has announced a Growing Jobs and Small Business package. The package focuses on helping employers to create new jobs and assisting Australia’s unemployed, particularly young people, to access the skills and opportunities they need to become job-ready.
This package includes a number of new employment measures that focus on making job seekers more employable, reducing the costs of taking on new staff, and ensuring job seekers are meeting their obligations and actively looking for work.
To see the Employment Portfolio Budget Statements and agency outcomes, visit our 2015-16 Budget page.
- I want to know what my entitlements are
- I want to know what my rights are
- I’ve been made redundant
- My employer has entered liquidation or bankruptcy and I have unpaid employment entitlements
- I have a disability
- I’m a young person
- I need information on paid parental leave
- I want to give confidential feedback
Welcome to the Department of Employment
- Job Services Australia (JSA)
- Restart Wage Subsidy
- Employment Research and Statistics
- Tasmanian Jobs Programme
- Work for the Dole 2014-15 in selected areas
- The Safety, Rehabilitation and Compensation Amendment (Improving the Comcare Scheme) Bill 2015
- Fair Entitlements Guarantee (FEG)
- Workplace gender equality reporting public consultation
- Workplace Relations in Australia
- Australia's National Workplace Relations System