- Relocation Assistance to Take Up a Job Programme page
- read the Relocation Assistance to Take Up a Job Job Seeker Fact Sheet
- read the Relocation Assistance to Take Up a Job General Fact Sheet
The programme provides financial assistance to eligible job seekers who relocate for ongoing work or an apprenticeship outside their local area. A job seeker needs to be a Fully Eligible Participant in Job Services Australia or participating in Disability Employment Services, be in receipt of an eligible income support payment (Newstart Allowance, Youth Allowance (other) and Parenting Payment) for the last 12 months and have activity test or participation requirements in order to be eligible for assistance.
Eligible participants will be able to receive assistance of up to:
- $3000 if relocating to a capital city
- $6000 if relocating to a regional area, and
- an extra $3000 if relocating with dependent children.